Not all iZotope products support versions of Reason, check each product compatiblity page for specific support.
If you're unable to find your iZotope products within Reason, you can try the steps below to locate them:
1. Rescan your plug-ins:
- In the top menus, click Reason > Preferences > Advanced tab.
- Under VST Plugin Folders be sure the correct location (below) is specified.
- Quit and re-launch Reason
*By default, plug-ins are located here:
Mac: (VST): Mac HD > Library > Audio > Plug-ins > VST
PC: (64-bit VST) C: > Program Files > Steinberg > VstPlugins
If you need to force a full plug-in rescan from Reason, follow the steps below:
- In Finder, click Go from the top menus, hold down the Alt/Option key and click Library.
- Head to: Application Support/Propellerhead Software/Reason/Caches
- Drag the .dat file to your desktop
- Relaunch Reason (this may take longer as it rescans all plug-ins)
2. Check your plug-ins folder:
If you're using a custom plug-in folder, be sure you've run the iZotope installer in Custom Install mode with that folder selected. You can read more about that on this article.
The default locations for iZotope products are:
— AU: Mac HD > Library > Audio > Plug-ins > Components
— VST: Mac HD > Library > Audio > Plug-ins > VST
— VST 3: Mac HD > Library > Audio > Plug-ins > VST 3
— 64-bit VST: C: > Program Files > Steinberg > VstPlugins
— 64-bit VST 3: C: > Program Files > Common Files > VST3 > iZotope
Exponential Audio products will install to this location on PC:
— 64-bit VST: C: > Program Files > VstPlugins
— 64-bit VST 3: C: > Program Files > Common Files > VST3
3. Check compatibility:
You can see each iZotope plug-ins compatibility on its specifications page.