If you see a message indicating that Product Portal cannot connect to the internet, you may need to allow an exception in your firewall to allow Product Portal to connect. The steps below illustrate how this is done.
Allow Product Portal to access the Internet through your Firewall
1. Click on the Windows logo in the bottom left corner of your screen and type “Control Panel”. Then press Enter to open the Control Panel.
2. Click “System and Security > Windows Defender Firewall”. Select “Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall”.
3. Click on “Change settings” and enter your credentials if necessary.
Note: In some cases, the Product Portal will not appear on this list. If it does not select Allow another app… and find Product Portal. On most systems it will default to install the .exe file to: C:/Program_Files(x86)/iZotope/Product_Portal/win32
5. Test Product Portal again.
Other common Windows Firewall Software (click the software title for troubleshooting steps):
1. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
2. Click Security or Security & Privacy
3. Click the Firewall tab
4. Unlock the pane by clicking the lock in the lower-left corner and enter the administrator username and password.
5. Click "Turn On Firewall" or "Start" to enable the firewall.
6. Click Firewall Options to customize the firewall configuration.
7. Click the Add Application (+) button.
8. Select the app you want to allow incoming connection privileges for.
9. Click Add.
10. Click OK.
11. Test Product Portal again.