RX is a powerful audio editor that Logic Pro X users can use to get better sounding audio in their video projects.
RX can be used as an audio editor within Logic Pro X to process your audio offline
To set RX as the Sample Editor for Logic Pro X:
1. Open Logic Pro X and go to Logic Pro X > Preferences > General and select the Advanced tab
2. Enable the 'Show Advanced Tools' and 'Audio' check boxes
3. Click on the ‘Audio’ tab, and then select the ‘Audio File Editor’ tab.
4. Click in the ‘External Sample Editor’ path, and navigate to your applications folder. Select RX and click ‘Choose’.
To edit audio from Logic Pro X in RX:
- Select the audio file.
- Click Edit/Open in iZotope RX (the keyboard shortcut is Shift + W)
- RX will automatically load.
- Perform your audio edit, then click File/Overwrite Original File to save the edit.
- Close RX, and navigate back to Logic Pro. Logic will automatically update the audio file to reflect your edit. Please note that your changes will not take effect until you close out of RX.