RX is a powerful audio editor that Apple Final Cut Pro X users can use to get better sounding audio in their video projects.
To edit audio from your Final Cut Pro project in RX:
- Select the clip you want to edit in your Final Cut Pro project
- Hit Cmd-Shift-R to Reveal in Finder
- Open the revealed file in RX and edit it
- When you are done, in RX go to File > Save
- Save your audio file to it's default location and when prompted to authorize please select Replace to automatically replace your audio clip*
*Your audio file's waveform may not update in Final Cut Pro until you reopen your session
Please note, video files cannot be overwritten with RX Audio Editor. In cases where audio from a video file is imported into RX Audio Editor, you will need to first export the edited audio from RX and reimport that into Final Cut Pro.
RX real-time plug-ins in Final Cut Pro 10.5.1+
There is currently a known issue with some RX plug-ins being used within Final Cut Pro that will fail to load. This is being addressed and this article will be updated with new information as it's available.