The RX Connect plug-in sends a clip, or multiple clips, to the RX standalone application for editing and repair. This gives you access to all of RX's modules in one place, and provides the benefits of RX's offline processing and visual interface.
Setting RX as your Sample Editor provides a quick and efficient round trip workflow.
To set RX as the Sample Editor for Ableton Live:
- In the menu bar, go to Live -> Preferences and click on the “File/Folder” tab.
- Click “Browse” in the “Sample Editor” field.
- Select “iZotope RX” located in your Applications folder and click “Open.”
RX is now set as your Sample Editor.
To edit audio from Ableton Live in RX:
- Click “Edit” in the Clip View window. Your Clip will now automatically open in RX.
- When your edits in RX are complete, simply select File -> Overwrite Original File. Any changes made will now be reflected in your Live session.