iZotope product installers use the User Documents folder to store Presets and Help Documentation. Below are some steps to resolve common issues:
If you're on Mac, iCloud Drive may be blocking installation or access to this:
- From your Mac, go to Apple menu > System Preferences > iCloud (or Apple ID on macOS 10.15)
- Next to iCloud Drive, click Options.
- Deselect Desktop & Documents Folders.
- Click Done.
"Error writing to documents" during installation
You can resolve this by deleting the Products folder the location below:
If the issue persists, it is likely the result of incorrect permissions settings on the iZotope folder located within the Documents directory.
To resolve the issue, take the following steps:
1. In Finder, right-click on ~/Documents/iZotope, click “Get Info”
2. Click the lock icon to make changes
3. Under “Sharing and Permissions”, select the group name or the user account name from the list and set its permissions to “Read and Write”
4. Click the lock again to save the changes
5. Re-run the installer
6. If errors persist, repeat the steps above for any iZotope product subfolders within ~/Documents/iZotope that do not have "Read and Write" permissions for the group or user
If you're on Windows, Microsoft OneDrive may also halt the installer or restrict access, you can follow the steps to turn that off:
If you're missing any iZotope presets, head to the article specifically for that issue.