Why am I seeing Nectar 3 Plus in Product Portal? / What is Nectar 3 Plus?
Nectar 3 Plus is a forthcoming update to Nectar 3. With your recent purchase, you are automatically eligible to receive the update when it becomes available, and you may already see it listed within Product Portal. Once Nectar 3 Plus is released and you’ve installed it, your product update will include the new RX 8 Breath Control, new features and various bug fixes. You can also opt in to our new usage data analytics platform, which provides us anonymized data to help us make future product enhancements.
Product Portal displays both Nectar 3 and Nectar 3 Plus, why?
If you own Nectar 3 and have recently upgraded or purchased a bundle containing Nectar 3 Plus, Product Portal may list both of these as "installed" or prompt for installation consistently with both. As long as you've installed Nectar 3 plus once in Product Portal, you should be able to go ahead and use that in your DAW with no issues!
If you'd like to hide the installation prompt for Nectar 3, you can do so with the little eye icon on the product card in Product Portal
Why am I not seeing Nectar 3 Plus in my plugin folder?
Please note that Nectar 3 Plus will still appear as “Nectar 3” in your plug-in folder. However, if you are not seeing the “Plus” logo in the plug-in UI, your Nectar plugin is likely still authorized with a pre-existing Nectar 3 license on your computer or iLok. Nectar Plus is a new product with its own serial number type (SN-NECTAR3PLUS-XXX...). If you have a Nectar 3 Plus serial number, you can use the following steps to re-authorize.
Steps to re-authorize:
- Open Nectar 3 within your host application/DAW and head to it’s preferences (gear icon) > Remove Authorization
If you use iLok to authorize, you can deactivate the license from iLok License Manager
- Download and install Nectar 3 Plus from your account or Product Portal
- When prompted, authorize with your Nectar 3 Plus serial number
I’m not seeing the new Unmask features in Nectar - what’s happening?
There are two reasons you might not be seeing the Unmask features you’re expecting:
1) You are looking in the Nectar from which you ran Unmask.
After you have run Unmask, you can go to your masking track that contains an instance of iZotope Relay, Neutron 3, or Nectar 3 Plus to see the new Unmask controls.
2) Your Nectar plugin is still authorized with a pre-existing Nectar Standard auth on your computer or iLok. Nectar Plus is a new product with its own serial number type (SN-NECTAR3PLUS-XXX...). You may need to be sure that Nectar 3 Standard isn't running in its place, see the steps from the previous question to re-authorize.
How do I upgrade to Nectar 3 Plus?
If you don’t have a Nectar 3 Plus serial number and own a Nectar 3 license, you can upgrade to Nectar 3 Plus via your iZotope account. If you want to try out the new features before you upgrade, you can download the demo of Nectar 3 Plus via the iZotope website.
To demo Nectar 3 Plus, download the free trial here: