Final Cut Pro currently has the following issues with certain products:
- Preset recall - some products (eg. Neutron 3, Nectar 3 and Ozone 9) aren't able to recall presets.
- Assistants - some products (eg. Ozone 9 and Neutron 3) aren't able to successfully run their Assistants.
- macOS 11.1 and M1 processors - If you're on a new mac with a new M1 processor - iZotope products may not run and be marked as "incompatible", more on that in our Big Sur article.
Most iZotope products are not supported in Final Cut Pro X. However, they can be scanned in using the "Audio Unit" component. After running the installer for that product, you should see it available within Final Cut Pro's Audio Effects lane on a track. If you're unable to see or use a product try the following troubleshooting steps:
- Reset Final Cut Pro's plug-in cache
In the Finder press and hold the Option key and choose Go > Library. (The Library option will only appear while holding the Option key)
- In the Finder window go into ~Library/Preferences/
- Move the com.apple.audio.InfoHelper.plist file to the Desktop.
- Restart the computer, then open Final Cut Pro X. All installed Audio Unit plug-ins will be rescanned.