You can set up RX as an external editor in Reaper to enhance your audio editing workflow.
To set RX as an external editor in Reaper:
- Open the Reaper preferences.
- Scroll down to the bottom section titled "External Editors."
- Click "Add."
- Next to "Primary Editor:" choose "Browse..."
- Navigate to the RX standalone application. On Mac, this will be in your Applications folder. On Windows, this will be in your "C:\Program Files (x86)\iZotope\RX\win64" folder.
- Click "Open" and then click "OK."
To edit audio in Reaper with RX:
- Right click on the audio clip you wish to edit and select "Open Items in Editor -> "Open Items in iZotope RX."
- RX will open up with the selected audio.
- Make any necessary changes and select Overwrite Original File* from the RX File menu.
- Now, if you go back to Reaper, you will see the waveform display of the audio clip reflect any changes that you made in RX.
*Note that this operation is a destructive edit! We recommend making a backup copy of your original audio file before overwriting the original.