Below are the release notes for RX 8.5.
- Added support for Rosetta on Apple Silicon ARM-based Macs (Big Sur).
Bug Fixes & Improvements
- Fixed AU plug-in validation failures on Apple Silicon ARM-based Macs.
- Fixed failure to load the UI of RX 8 plug-in in certain DAWs/NLEs on Apple Silicon ARM-based Macs.
- Fixed crash that could occur when RX 8 plug-ins were added to sessions alongside certain plug-ins (MAAT, InaGRM, Sonnox, etc...).
- Fixed failure to import files with uppercase file extensions into the Batch Processor in the RX 8 Audio Editor.
- Fixed failure to load inline edit text field boxes when editing parameter values in RX 8 plug-ins within Pro Tools on macOS Big Sur (Intel & Apple Silicon Rosetta).
- Fixed inability to send files back to the RX 8 Connect plug-in in Cubase or Nuendo after closing a file tab in the RX 8 Audio Editor.
- Fixed crash in the RX 8 Audio Editor that could occur after failing to load the analytics opt-in dialog on some systems.
- Fixed issue where the RX 8 Audio Editor application would open during AU validation of the RX Connect plug-in.
- Fixed issue where RX 8 Connect would not show the expected unsupported DAW message in unsupported DAWs/NLEs on ARM-based Apple Silicon Macs.
- Fixed plug-in scanning crash/error in the RX 8 Audio Editor when scanning certain PACE copyright protected plug-ins on macOS Catalina/Big Sur.
- Fixed slow loading times when importing 32-bit Int files into the RX 8 Audio Editor.
- Fixed error/hang in the RX 8 Audio Editor when attemp