RX is a powerful audio editor that Apple Final Cut Pro X users can use to get better sounding audio in their video projects.
To edit audio from your Final Cut Pro project in the RX standalone audio editor:
- Select the audio clip you want to edit in your Final Cut Pro project
- Hit Cmd-Shift-R to 'Reveal in Finder'
- Open the revealed file in the RX standalone audio editor application and edit it
- When you are done, in RX go to File > Save
- Save your audio file to it's default location and when prompted to authorize please select Replace to automatically replace your audio clip*
*Your audio file's waveform may not update in Final Cut Pro until you reopen your session
Note that, when using RX, saving your audio file to the default location is a destructive edit! We recommend making a backup copy of your original audio file before overwriting the original.
Please also note, video files cannot be overwritten with RX Audio Editor. In cases where audio from a video file is imported into RX Audio Editor, you will need to first export the edited audio from RX and reimport that into Final Cut Pro.
RX real-time plug-ins in Final Cut Pro 10.5.1+
There is a known issue with older RX versions and Final Cut Pro 10.5.1+ where some RX realtime plug-ins will fail to load. This issue has been resolved as of the RX 8.5 update.