Ableton Live can send an audio clip to the RX Standard or RX Advanced standalone application for editing and repair. This technique gives the user access to all of RX's modules in one place, and provides the benefits of RX's offline processing and visual interface.
Setting RX as the Ableton Live Sample Editor provides a quick and efficient round trip workflow.
To set RX as the Sample Editor for Ableton Live:
- Open Ableton Live.
- In the menu bar, go to Live -> Preferences and click on the “File/Folder” tab.
- Click “Browse” in the “Sample Editor” field.
- Select “iZotope RX Audio Editor” located in your Applications folder and click “Open.”
RX is now set as your Sample Editor.
To edit audio from Ableton Live in RX:
- Click “Edit” in the Clip View window. Your Clip will now automatically open in RX.
- When your edits in RX are complete, simply select File -> Overwrite Original File*. Any changes made will now be reflected in the clip in your Live session.
*This is a destructive edit! We recommend that you make a backup copy of your original audio file before overwriting the original.