To set the RX Standard or RX Advanced standalone editor as the External Sample Editor for Logic Pro X:
1. Open Logic Pro X and go to Logic Pro X > Preferences > General and select the Advanced tab
2. Enable the 'Show Advanced Tools' and 'Audio' check boxes
3. Click on the ‘Audio’ tab, and then select the ‘Audio File Editor’ tab.
4. Click in the ‘External Sample Editor’ path, and navigate to your applications folder. Select the RX Audio Editor application and click ‘Choose’.
To edit audio from your Logic Pro X session in the RX standalone audio editor:
- Select an audio clip in the Logic timeline.
- Click Edit -> Open in iZotope RX (the Logic keyboard shortcut is Shift + W)
- RX will automatically open.
- Perform your audio edit within the RX standalone audio editor, then click File -> Overwrite Original File* to save the edit.
- Close RX, and navigate back to Logic Pro. Logic will automatically update the audio file to reflect your edit. Please note that your changes will not take effect until you quit RX.
*Note that this operation is a destructive edit! We recommend making a backup copy of your original audio file before overwriting the original.