Please note that presets in any format other than the Exponential Audio preset format can not be directly transferred between products. If you have presets in some non-Exponential format (such as Pro Tools or Cubase), you must first get them into the Exponential format. This can be easily done, but will take some time.
Here is an example: Assuming you intend to transfer from PhoenixVerbSurround to Stratus….
- Start your chosen DAW and instantiate PhoenixVerb Surround.
- For each user preset (in the area provided by your DAW), load the preset and then save it as an Exponential preset. Take the opportunity to add useful categories (list on left side of Store window).
- When you’ve saved all of the presets you need, export them as shown in the user guide for PhoenixVerb Surround (p 31, section 7.4). You’ll find the export button on the Store page. Make sure to create a convenient folder for the exported presets anywhere on your computer.
- Now instantiate the Stratus (or Stratus 3D) plug-in in your DAW. Go to the Store page and click the Import button. Click it and follow the dialog to the folder that you exported from PhoenixVerb Surround. Complete the procedure and you should then find those imported presets in your User Preset area. This is described in the Stratus User Guide in section 9.5 on page 35.
- If you want to keep those imported presets in the incompatible format that comes with your DAW, simply load each preset from the Stratus User area and then store it using the dialogue in your DAW.
Both Stratus and Symphony have many more parameters than PhoenixVerb/R2 surround. The import routine strives to put all of those extra parameters at safe, neutral values. Other parameters have different ranges that must be accounted for and the importer knows how to deal with those as well.
- The following are the preset transfer paths:
- PhoenixVerb, PhoenixVerb Surround and Nimbus presets will transfer to Stratus
- R2, R2 Surround and R4 presets will transfer to Symphony
- You cannot transfer a PhoenixVerb, PhoenixVerb Surround or Nimbus preset into Symphony, and you cannot transfer an R2, R2 Surround or R4 preset into Stratus. They’re just too different.
- Excalibur presets do not transfer to either Stratus or Symphony.
- The above methodology only applies to presets. It does not apply to automated sessions. You cannot change a session to use a newer plug-in without losing the automation data for the older plug-in.