It's sometimes necessary to reinstall your iZotope products to resolve technical issues. iZotope software can be easily reinstalled using Product Portal.
Using Product Portal to reinstall your iZotope software
- Start Product Portal.
- Go to MY PRODUCTS > ALL.
- Scroll to the product that needs to be reinstalled. This will be labeled as INSTALLED.
- Hover your mouse cursor over the product listing and click the trash icon and follow the procedure to uninstall it.
- Allow the uninstallation process to complete, then click DONE.
- In Product Portal, go to MY PRODUCTS > INSTALL/AUTHORIZE and scroll to the product you need to reinstall.
- Click the product's INSTALL tab and follow the procedure.
- Allow the product's installation process to complete,
Checking your Administrator status
If the issue persists, we recommend using an administrator account when reinstalling your software. Please select your operating system below for instructions to confirm that you are using your computer with an administrator account.
- Select System Preferences from the Apple menu or your Dock.
- Select Users and Groups.
- Select your user account on the left and check that 'Allow user to administer this computer' is enabled.
If this cannot be enabled please check with your system's administrator or contact your computer's manufacturer.
- Open the Start menu in the lower-left corner of your Windows desktop.
- While the Start menu is open, type 'control' to search and click to open the Control Panel app.
- Click to open User Accounts. Your user account will indicate whether or not you are an administrator.
If you're not listed as an administrator, click Change your account type. If this cannot be enabled, please check with your system's admin or contact your computer's manufacturer.
Boot in Safe mode
If the issue still persists, please attempt to reinstall your software while your computer is booted in Safe Mode. This helps to prevent other applications and drivers from interfering with your installation.
To boot your system in Safe Mode please follow these steps for macOS or Windows.